Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 2012

Well it has been a while since I visited the idea of having a blog. 

The past year has been a journey into a whole new era in my teaching life.  Last Easter I discovered Whole Brain Teaching.  The more I explore this approach the more I am so totally sold on it.  Which is a funny thing to say, when it is all free.  wholebrainteaching.com is full of resources to enhance your teaching and the childrens learning journey and outcomes. I first watched a video and it was like seeing myself teach, only better.  The next day I put the ideas in place and have been building on them ever since.

There are many things I like about WBT and today I will share just one.  I love the convenience of being able to go online, find a resource, look up some information and educate myself in the comfort of my home.

I have a passion to share what I have learnt and having been using every opportunity to do so.  I share with staff whenever the opportunity arises.  I have spoken of my experiences and discoveries at a Regional Christian Schools Conference. In July I will speak at a State Christain Schools Conference.

Tonight I start my journey toward my Whole Brain Teaching certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment